My Qualifications and How You Will Benefit
My educational background is both theoretical and practical. I’ve been through rigorous training in a variety of disciplines. As a result, I’m able to address many different aspects of your work life.
I know the challenges you face in your daily work
As a coach, organizational development consultant, educator, and facilitator I’ve been called into many difficult situations in hospitals, group practices, and other medical organizations. I have helped teams and individuals deal with conflict, find common ground, become more collaborative, and make positive change.
- My clients have included boards, CEOs, senior managers, first-line employees, committees, individual physicians, group practices, nurses, technicians, and non-clinical administrative individuals. Many are nationally and internationally renowned.
- Client groups include physicians and other health care professionals from major Boston hospitals and medical groups as well as those from New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Missouri, Florida, and California.
- I’ve been a frequent guest speaker in graduate classes, particularly at the University of New Hampshire’s Department of Health Management and Policy.
I have many tools, techniques, frameworks, and strategies from which to draw as I work with you
We can customize our meetings given your unique needs, preferences, and learning style. I’m certified to administer and interpret numerous assessment tools that can help you better understand your strengths and how to take advantage of them. These include assessments of your conflict management style, your emotional intelligence, your personality preferences, and your personality when under stress. I’m also certified to help prepare you for retirement or the next phase of your life.
- I have a Master’s of Science degree in Education with a focus on adult learning.
- For 20 years, I was adjunct faculty at the Corporate Education Centers at Boston University and the University of New Hampshire.
- My coaching certifications are from the International Coach Federation and the Success Unlimited Network ®.
- I have certification from the Advanced Program in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management from Columbia University/University of Michigan.
I will share with you all that I’ve learned (and continue to learn)
As a lifelong learner I have an extensive library of books, articles, and videos which will be available to you. Topics I’ve studied include: communication skills, leadership in healthcare organizations, managing conflict, time management, stress management, women as leaders, and emotional intelligence.
- I’ve taken numerous post-graduate courses under the auspices of the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, studying with luminaries such as Warren Bennis, Peter Block, Edgar Schein, Noel Tichy, Edith and Charles Seashore, Sandra Janoff, and Marvin Weisbord.
- I’ve also completed courses and programs such as Coaching Leadership, Executive Coaching, Coaching in Medicine and Leadership, and Coaching from a Systems Prospective.
Next: Other Services